A Natural Cholesterol Remedy
Natural Cholesterol Lowering Treatments
You can reduce high cholesterol levels naturally, and more importantly, restore
the body's natural cholesterol balance, which is essential to good health. This is how natural treatment methods differ from medical drug treatments.
There are two common forms of cholesterol. HDL is the "good" one and the LDL is the one that we all know as "bad".
We can easily make the mistake of labelling all cholesterol as "bad", but we must remember that it is an essential part of every cell in our bodies.
Your brain and nerves need cholesterol for proper functioning, and it plays an important part in manufacturing your sex hormones.
Where does cholesterol come from? There are actually two main sources of cholesterol. Diet is the first, but only about 15% of the cholesterol in our
bodies comes from our diet. Our liver and the cells in our intestines and elsewhere in our bodies make the rest.
When the liver makes cholesterol, LDL carries it through the bloodstream to all our body tissues. HDL plays the "garbage collector " role - it
collects the unused extra cholesterol, and carries it back to liver.
When the Good Turns Bad
As we can see from this pattern of cholesterol cycling in the body, LDL plays a vital role as the cholesterol transporter . So when does cholesterol become a problem? If there is too much cholesterol for the HDL to remove (or if there is not enough HDL in our bodies), excessive LDL may produce plaque in our arteries, which can lead to heart problems.
Natural Cholesterol Remedies Without Side Effects
Do medical drugs solve the high cholesterol problem or do they treat the symptom of high cholesterol? One of the most widely used drugs, called statins,
reduce the production of cholesterol by blocking an enzyme that is necessary for the manufacture of cholesterol.
Although LDL levels drop with the use of these drugs, the blocking of a natural bodily function can cause many side effects and have a detrimental effect on
the body's inner balance, by depleting the body's Co-Enzyme Q10 reserves , a necessary substance for maintaining heart muscle.
You can naturally lower high cholesterol without these types of side effects and, at the same time, increase your HDL cholesterol, and improve your
Natural Cholesterol Reducers
- Policosanol - This is a substance derived from sugar cane and rice bran. Numerous studies have shown that policosanol is highly effective in lowering total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol as well as increasing the body's level of HDL cholesterol.
- Guggul - This is an herb used in ancient Indian herbal medicine. It lowers triglycerides and bad cholesterol and raises the level of good cholesterol in our bodies. Guggul is also an antioxidant, which helps to protect the heart from free radicals.
Theaflavins - These are a type of flavonoids that are produced when green tea extract ferments into black tea. These nutrients canreduce the level of LDL cholesterol and increase the level of HDL cholesterol in the body.
- Phytosterols - Another natural cholesterol lowering plant compound that has a similar chemical structure to cholesterol. It is also known as Beta-sitosterol. Phytosterols decrease cholesterol absorption into the bloodstream and lower blood levels of cholesterol.
Rice Bran Oil - This contains a variety of nutrients and is effective in reducing total cholesterol and triglyceridelevels.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil - Supports the cholesterol lowering effect of other nutrients and is a rich source of fatty acids.
Your Natural Cholesterol Lowering Formula
You can control your cholesterol level by using these natural remedies but it is not always easy to find a high quality product formula that includes these
ingredients. So take your time to investigate the available options as your high cholesterol levels and your heart and health depend on your choice.
Here are a few things to look for when buying cholesterol-lowering supplements:
- Look for a natural cholesterol formula that reduces the total cholesterol - LDL cholesterol and triglycerides levels - while raising HDL cholesterol levels.
- Select a product that has no side effects other than enhancing the overall body health.
- Find a manufacturer that operates under strict pharmaceutical GMP conditions. This helps you to ensure the quality of manufacturing processes and thus the quality of the products you are buying.
- Choose supplements that are produced using standardized herbal extracts to ensure the product contains the highest amount of active ingredients possible.
- Ask to see the product's Certificate of Analysis (COA) to be sure of the safety and efficacy of the supplement.
- Do not choose any product that contains additives or fillers.
- Researched by one of the world's top bio-scientists
- Contains all-natural ingredients
- Includes synergistic ingredients..
- Is supported by multiple clinical studies.