Your Guide to Natural Arthritis Remedies
Arthritis simply means inflammation of the joints, and the typical symptoms that patients experience include pain, stiffness and swelling. The actual cause
of arthritis remains unknown and there is unfortunately no medical arthritis cure.
The medical drugs that are currently available as an arthritis remedy only lessen the pain and inflammation in the joints, combating only the symptoms of the problem without getting to its root. And despite undergoing rigorous testing and clinical trials before reaching the market, some of these drugs can still cause unpleasant side effects.
Recently, for example, a highly popular anti-inflammatory arthritis drug called as Vioxx was pulled from the market, after studies revealed that the drug
increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.
About 40 million people suffer from arthritis in the USA alone, but thankfully they do not have to rely on these unpredictable drugs for relief.
What sorts of Natural Arthritis Remedies are available?
There are a number of natural arthritis remedies available that can help the problem without dangerous side effects. These natural arthritis cures may help
to relieve pain and inflammation, along with helping to restore joint functioning.
- Glucosamine - This substance occurs naturally in the body and is a building block for cartilage, tendons and other connective tissues. Numerous studies report that glucosamine is very effective in the treatment of osteoarthritis and in the reduction of inflammation. Glucosamine not only treats the symptoms of these conditions but also rebuilds the cartilage, helping prevent further damage. Moreover, it is one of the natural arthritis remedies that can be safely used in the long-term.
- Chondroitin - This is another natural substance found in the body. Chondroitin aids in joint matrix formation and prevents cartilage breakdown by inhibiting the activity of enzymes that destroy the cartilage.
- CMO (Cetyl Myristoleat) - This is another natural substance that is an effective arthritis remedy. CMO lubricates the joints and muscles, softens the tissues and makes them more flexible. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and an immune system regulator.
- Wild celery - This substance has anti-inflammatory properties and is used in the treatment of arthritis and gout.
- Ginger and Turmeric extract - These are two powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory herbs that may be beneficial as an arthritis remedy.
- Boswellia - Also known as "Indian frankincense" or "boswellin", this herb displays both anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic characteristics. Boswellia reduces pain and inflammation without severe side effects and may be helpful in autoimmune disorders.
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) - This is a natural nutrient found in many fresh fruits, vegetables, seafoods and meats. MSM is an anti-inflammatory agent present throughout the human body, which assists the functioning of your connective tissues and joints, eases the pain and inflammation ofarthritis and supports proper immune system functioning.
- Green Lipped Mussel - This substance contains anti-inflammatory components. Clinical studies show beneficial effects, such as significant pain relief and improvement of joint functions for people suffering from both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fish Oils - These include essentials nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids that are vital for various bodily functions. Fish oils are especially effective in reducing inflammation and can be helpful if you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.
- SAMe (S-Adenosylmethionine) - This is a natural substance found in every human cell. SAMe helps in the functioning of the liver and can be more effective in the treatment of depression than medical anti-depressants. Studies show that SAMe is superior to prescription drugs such as Ibuprofen in reducing pain and inflammation.
Choosing an Arthritis Supplement
All of these natural arthritis remedies can help you in relieving the pain of arthritis, as well as the stiffness, swelling and inflammation. Moreover, these
natural arthritis cures do not only fight against the symptoms of the disease, but can actually improve your condition and protect you from further degeneration.
There are many supplements available that contain one or more of the natural arthritis remedies listed above. Be careful when choosing a supplement, as not
all of the available products are made to the highest standards.
Here are some helpful guidelines for finding a high quality arthritis supplement:
- Many of the ingredients work in conjunction with each other increasing the healing benefits of the supplement formula. For example, glucosamine and chondroitin when combined together produce greater benefits than when used alone, and bromelain, an enzyme found in pineapple, enhances the absorption of glucosamine.
- Therefore, look for a product formulated by a reliable scientific firm who has good credentials in combining nutrients for maximum efficacy and safety. Ensure also that the manufacturer operates under strict pharmaceutical GMP conditions to ensure high-quality standards. This helps ensure that the product you are buying is safe, effective and pure.
- Choose nutritional supplements that contain standardized herbal extracts to guarantee that product has the correct amount of active ingredients.
- Ask to see the product's Certificate of Analysis (COA) to be sure of the safety and efficacy of the supplement.
- Do not select products that contain additives or fillers.
It is an all-in-one complementary formula, allowing you to reduce the number of separate supplements and other medications taken.