Popular Natural Arthritis Relief Options
In the recent years, advancements in the field of pharmacy have given way to natural pain relief for arthritis. These all natural arthritis pain relief options include pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements , homeopathic treatments for arthritis relief, as well as herbal remedies. These are all alternative treatment options which have all been seen to be equally effective as prescription drugs. You would also be glad to know that there is substantial evidence to prove that the pain and the disability that arthritis causes may be dramatically reduced (or maybe even prevented) by these natural arthritis pain relief remedies.
Herbal Remedies for Arthritis Relief
For many years now, herbs have been seen to be effective natural remedy for arthritis. It has been used to combat the damaging effects of rheumatoid arthritis by working as an anti-inflammatory agent and stimulating healthy immune function as well. Some of the natural herbs used for rheumatoid arthritis relief include the following:
- Devil's Claw. This herb is one of the most famous natural arthritis relief herbal remedies. It is effective in treating muscle pain and helps relieve arthritis symptoms.
- Boswellia. Boswellia resin possesses analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that can treat inflammatory conditions such as rheumatic arthritis.
- Celery Seed. This plant has been one of the first herbs traditionally used as a natural cure for arthritis due to its action on acidic metabolites found in the body. Aside from this, celery also has a secondary anti-inflammatory effect.
- Herbal Teas. Herbs and plants such as camphor, radish, ginger and lemon have been seen to be effective when taken as concoctions or in tea form.
Supplements as Natural Remedy for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Natural supplements have also been seen to strengthen the joints and result in improved bone strength, increased flexibility and pain relief. Some of the most popular supplements include the following:
- Glucosamine-based Supplements. Glucosamine is reportedly effective in treating osteoarthritis.
- Calcium Supplements. Daily calcium supplementation helps in maintaining bone density and strength and in preventing osteoporosis.
- SAM-e Supplements. SAMe or S-Adenosyl-Methionine is an amino acid supplement that has been seen to stimulate the body's production of glycosaminoglycans, which are important components in the connective tissues in our bones.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). MSM-based supplements facilitate the promotion of healthy cells and tissues.
Other Natural Arthritis Relief Suggestions
Other natural means of managing arthritis also includes:
- Regular but moderate exercise such as walking, which do not strain the joints but strengthens the muscle
- Balance exercises such as water aerobics or Tai Chi - they are effective and do not add pressure to joints
- Weight control - putting on weight means adding a few pounds of pressure on the knees, and vice versa
- Hot compress for loosening joints, relieving pain and increasing blood flow
- Massage for promoting proper circulation in the joints
There are a wide variety of natural arthritis relief options that you can choose from. Of course, these alternative cure suggestions merit different results. What will be effective for you might not be effective for others. However, the popularity and the wide use of these natural arthritis relief suggestions can be proof enough of their innate effectivity.