Kelp Benefits - The Key To Amazing Health
Kelp is a variety of seaweed that can be found on rocky shores throughout the world. It is a natural food source that can be obtained from all good health stores.
There is a large list of nutrients in kelp and these include over 70 minerals and trace elements, growth hormones, vitamins, enzymes, and proteins which include iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron.
What Can Kelp Do For You?
There are a large number of sea kelp benefits that have been discovered throughout the years and taking a kelp supplement really can help to keep your body healthy. Some of the main benefits that have been discovered are:
- Sea Kelp has been shown to help alleviate arthritis pain
- Kelp can help to increase energy levels
- Boost immunity
- Improve liver function
- Fight against heart disease and cancer
- Suppress AIDS
- Control appetite and can help with weight loss due to its metabolism stimulating properties.Learn more about how to use sea kelp for weight loss.
- Sea Kelp has been used to treat thyroid problems due to the iodine in kelp which helps under active thyroids which is due to the lack of iodine.More about kelp and thyroid.
- Helps with poor digestion, flatulence and constipation.
- Kelp kills the herpes virus
- Kelp helps to lower cholesterol levels
- Kelp helps to maintain the health of the mucous membranes
- Kelp can be used to help reduce hair loss.
As you can see taking a kelp supplement really does have some powerful health benefits but what else is there to know about kelp. As you already know kelp is in fact a seaweed and can be bought dried, granulated or as a powder. Getting the health benefits of kelp is extremely easy as kelp can be added to drinks or water and it can also be used for flavouring or as a salt substitute. Kelp can be used when cooking and can be added to soups, stews, stir fries, and cooked with beans or grains.
Sea kelp benefits are constantly being investigated and studied but there is nothing stopping you from beginning to restore your body's health now by taking a kelp supplement or adding kelp into your daily cooking routine. Remember your health is in your hands so why not take the necessary steps now.