Health Benefits of MSM and Why You Should Take It
You may have heard a lot about MSM in recent years. There have been claims made that it can help with certain conditions such as arthritis. It has been touted as a miracle supplement and something that can really help for a variety of conditions. Whether or not it is a "miracle" is up for debate. But one thing is for sure, there are plenty of people out there who feel that it really works. And recently, some of these claims have had studies to back them.
What is MSM?
So what exactly is the nutrient MSM? MSM stands for methyl-sulfonyl-methane. It is manufactured from a substance called DMSO and is basically a type of sulfur. Sulfur is a substance that is required by the body to perform certain functions, such as enhance skin health. Chemical makeup aside, there are some health benefits of MSM to consider. And you wouldn't be the only one to consider them. Sales of the supplement are in the millions each year.
Health Benefits of MSM
There are several health benefits of MSM. Companies make claims in their marketing campaigns of the supplement. But, these claims exist because they believe that the supplement really works. Anecdotal evidence, case studies, and scientific studies can be found to back most of these claims.
- MSM and Candida - Candida is a condition where the body experiences an overgrowth in fungus. This is an extremely problematic condition that can cause various health problems. MSM can help. MSM works by changing the PH in your body to be one where Candida will not thrive in.
- MSM for Arthritis - Arthritis is likely the most popular condition that MSM is usually used for, particularly osteoarthritis. Studies have shown that it can help with the pain associated with it.
- MSM and Anxiety - If you want help with your anxiety, you can try MSM. Anxiety is a condition that constantly keeps you at a state of unease. Heart palpitations and panic attacks are common. Many are report as having success using MSM for their anxiety.
- MSM for Hair Growth - MSM has also been used to help hair grow. Sulfur, which is essentially what MSM is, is an essential mineral to help stimulate hair growth. For this purpose you can use it topically in a cream and internally as a supplement.
Featured Arthritis Formula
If you have a health problem that MSM could help with, you are now faced with the decision as to which products to use. Well, if you would like to take an MSM dietary supplement, please see MSM Side Effects - The Dangers of Taking MSM and MSM Dietary Supplement - Taking MSM for Better Health to get the whole picture. It is a great supplement to take. You just need that information to be well informed and help you make a good decision.
If you would like to take MSM for arthritis, particular osteoarthritis, the best arthritis supplement to take that we have found is Not Just Joints by Xtend-Life (formerly Arthrit-Eze). This supplement is a blend of nutrients that work well together to help with arthritis. For example, when it comes to MSM and Glucosamine, the two work well together because MSM boosts the availability of the Glucosamine. Here are some of the benefits of taking Not Just Joints:
- Well tested product. Each ingredient in the formula has been examined at the molecular level to determine its effectiveness.
- Formula is complex which means that it has a higher likelihood of working. Other ingredients include SAMe, Boswellia Serrata, minerals, vitamins, and other herbal extracts. These were all chosen to compliment each other.
- Enteric coated tablets insures that the product is highly absorbable. This means that it is extremely effective at helping your arthritis.
MSM is a great supplement to take for conditions such as hair loss, anxiety and depression, and arthritis. It is definitely worth considering.