Re-claim Your General Health
Do you wonder what changes you could make to prevent the deterioration of your general health?
Hippocrates, who is the father of modern medicine, responded to all these questions 2000 years ago by offering the following solution: "Let food be your medicine, and medicine be your food."
Virtually all diseases trace some of their causes back to a poor diet, lacking in the essential nutrients that the body needs in order to perform properly.
Today's highly processed and refined foods do not include the fundamentals elements that our bodies require, while also containing synthetic additives that are detrimental to our health.
How can we expect our general health to thrive if we continue to feed our bodies with this empty, lifeless, junk food? Furthermore, as the body loses its overall strength due to malnutrition, the introduction of conventional medicine to balance our body's health merely shocks our systems, and helps create the disease-generating cycle that many of us find ourselves trapped in today.
Breaking the Circle and Bringing Nature Back to Our Lives
Changing long held habits is the most challenging part of switching to a healthier lifestyle. So start gradually, if that is more appropriate for you, and keep it simple. You don't have to be an expert to regain your general health. Here are some simple steps that will get you started.
- Gradually remove all refined and inorganic foods, including soft drinks, from your diet.
- Nurture your body by eating natural, fresh, healthy food.
- Try to exercise each day.
- Introduce herbs to your life. Incorporate them in your recipes, and drink herbal tea instead of coffee or regular tea.
- Water is essential to our general health. Soft drinks do not provide all the benefits of water, so be sure to include pure water in your diet.
- Sunlight is also important to our general health. A lack of sunlight can cause serious health problems, so get out in the sun when you can.
- Use nutritional and herbal supplements wisely to help overcome any nutritional deficiencies you might be suffering, which can ultimately lead to illness. Choose a high quality nutritional supplement that includes all the essential vitamins, minerals, trace elements, nutrients, herbs and herbal extracts that your body needs to function correctly.
- Within a short while, you should notice the difference in your body as your energy levels improve and your immune system strengthens. These improvements are the key to optimizing your health.
General Health Related Articles
Natural Antioxidants - It is not possible to eliminate free radicals completely from your life but it is possible to prevent the damage that these molecules can cause. Learn more about the antioxidants that fight against free radicals and help strengthen your immune system.
Eat for Health - You don't have to be a vegetarian to keep yourself fit and healthy. You can eat for health.
Eat to Live - Eat to Live shows you that it's possible to change your unhealthy lifestyle and start the path of a vegan.
Healthy Eating for Children - Healthy eating for children is one of the major responsibilities of parents, knowing that their food habits today can affect their health in the future.
Probiotics vs. Prebiotics -
Anti-aging Supplements - Prevent age-related diseases and reverse the aging process with natural nutrients.
Boost Immune System - Learn how to boost immune system function and prevent diseases.
Nutrients for Memory - Protect and improve your memory functions by using specific nutrients.