Menu

The Cholesterol Facts that Will Keep You on Track

Cholesterol is a complex and controversial subject, but these key points will help you make goal-oriented decisions.

  • Choices concerning how to lower cholesterol always need to be verified by testing, but the numbers that count are never total cholesterol and just LDL cholesterol. The most meaningful cholesterol numbers are apo-A and apo-B, which give much better insights into the state of your cardiovascular health.
  • Total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, and HDL cholesterol are best treated as estimates of your progress, not absolute diagnostic tools. "Normal" cholesterol levels are not necessarily a marker of good health, and "high" cholesterol levels almost never mean you will have a heart attack right away.
  • For most people, a low-cholesterol diet has limited effects on cholesterol levels, because the body only gets about 15 per cent of its cholesterol from food. It makes the other 85 per cent from triglycerides.
  • Prescription cholesterol medications, especially the statin drugs for lowering cholesterol, get dramatic changes fast - just not in the cholesterol numbers that really count.
  • Making your choices among the methods that tell you how to lower cholesterol depends on many factors including triglycerides, homocysteine, and inflammation. Cholesterol is only part of the cardiovascular picture.

More Cholesterol Related Articles

Symptoms of Cholesterol - There are some definitive symptoms of cholesterol problems. High cholesterol is something indicates a decline in cardiovascular health. Getting it under control is a good idea to help keep you healthy.

Plant Sterols for Cholesterol Reduction - Having a high cholesterol level should be a cause of concern. Although doctor-prescribed drugs may be available, nature offers its own solution to this growing situation. You can avail of plant sterols for cholesterol reduction.

Side Effects of Statin Drugs - Statin drugs have been used to help lower cholesterol. However, there are a lot of side effects of statin drugs and they can be dangerous. This article talks about those side effects and some alternatives that are more beneficial to the body.

How to Lower Cholesterol - Tips for reducing your cholesterol naturally.

Natural Cholesterol - What are the natural remedies to lower cholesterol? Find out about natural alternatives to lowering your cholesterol without potential side effects.

Cholesterol Drugs Zocor Side Effects - Zocor is a statin based drug that has been used to help lower cholesterol. When it comes to cholesterol drugs, Zocor side effects are pretty severe. This article provides an overview.

Cholesterol Reducing Foods - This article is all about reducing your cholesterol naturally and making positive changes. It includes information on eating cholesterol reducing foods and taking the right supplements.

Written By Robert S. Rister
Robert Rister is the author of Healing without Medication and many other books that have been translated into eight languages. He is a chemist, a formulator of natural products, and a writer of consumer guides to getting the greatest value from natural health care.

The Age of Synthetic Chemicals

Check it

Whatever we put our attention on will grow stronger in our life.
Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
Featured Cholesterol Supplement
Lipi-Rite
  • Researched by one of the world's top bio-scientists
  • Contains all-natural ingredients
  • Includes synergistic ingredients..
  • Is supported by multiple clinical studies.